Homework for Wednesday Evening Zoom 29 July 2020
Homework for Wednesday evening ZOOM Bible class
HOW DOES THE HOLY SPIRIT DWELL IN AND LEAD US?
- Search and learn the two major differing views concerning the way the Holy Spirit “dwells” in the Christian.
- Search and learn the two major differing views on the way the Holy Spirit “leads” the believer.
- Is the way the Holy Spirit dwells in and leads (works in) the life of the Christian separate issues?
- Can a person be a child of God, a Christian, if he is NOT being led by the Holy Spirit? Scripture ______________
- What groups of people in and out of the church of Christ are saying that the Spirit operates in a “direct way” (apart from and in addition to His Word) in relationship to one’s salvation and sanctification?
- Name some of the claims of those who believe in the “direct guidance” of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
- Name an occasion where the Holy Spirit directly told someone to go to a certain place and to do or not do a certain thing. Scripture ____________
- Are direct messages and instances of guidance such as in #7 above applicable for Christians today? Scripture ____________
- Give a Bible example of the way God “indirectly” operates (external to our hearts and minds), and what He does through His “behind-the-scenes” providence or in answer to our prayers. Scripture __________________
- In the first century, why did God give miraculous power to the apostles and enable them to impart miraculous spiritual gifts to others? Scripture ____________
- How does the Holy Spirit produce His fruit in the Christian? (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Be prepared to discuss the fact and implications that the Christian/church is the temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16-17; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
- Please complete this sentence: “We are led by the Spirit…”