Take Heed Lest Ye Fall (1 Corinthians 10:12)
TAKE HEED LEST YE FALL (1 Corinthians 10:12) – Study Guide
Loved ones, over the last few Wednesday evening ZOOM Bible classes we have been noticing some things which cause people to drift away from the church.
Below are nine of the things we have already discussed.
- Evil associations (1 Corinthians 15:33).
- A desire to be popular (John 12:42-43).
- Marriage adjustments.
- Marriage outside of the church (1 Kings 11:1-8).
- Money can affect the way a Christian lives (1 Timothy 6:17; Matthew 13:22; Eccl. 5:10; Proverbs 30:8-9; Philippians 4:11-12).
- Idleness in the church (2 Corinthians 6:1; Eccl. 9:10).
- Sunday work (Matthew 13:22; Hebrews 10:25; Matthew 16:26)
- The feeling that one has been wronged by another member of the church (2 Corinthians 11:26).
To help you prepare for the upcoming Wednesday evening ZOOM class, please gather your thoughts and passages and be ready to discuss some other things of your choice that can cause a Christian to drift away from the church, including the following five:
- The coming of a baby.
- A move into a new community.
- The Pharisaical attitude of some members.
We will conclude this series of lessons on “Taking Heed Lest Ye Fall,” by looking at SOME THINGS WHICH FORTIFY CHRISTIANS AGAINST FALLING (Scriptures please)
- A continued study of the circumstances which lead to a backslidden state.
- The avoidance of evil.
- A consciousness that one himself may fall just the same as the other person.
- An understanding of the “Progressiveness of Sin” (Psalm 1; Peter – Matthew 26:58-75; 2 Timothy 4:3-4).
- A memory of scripture and the quotation of appropriate passages in the moment of trial will fortify us against falling.
- The control of thoughts.
- Faithful attendance at the worship services and Bible study.
- The addition of the Christian graces (2 Peter 1:5-10).
The God of Heaven is so Good. We love you all so much. Samuel